Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 8 and bills

I went to one of my sewing groups this morning, then to Medicare to get the refund on the oncologist's bill. Total gap we had to pay : $8.45 for three consultations. We also got a statement from HBF regarding the pathology for the colonoscopy. It was completely covered.

The only procedures so far that we have had to make a major payment on were the insertion of the PICC line and the accompanying X-rays. These were done as inpatient procedures and so we missed out on the Medicare safety net gap. Even with both HBF and Medicare paying out it was still over $300.

I am to have another CT scan on Thursday at Royal Perth Hospital. This is part of the clinical trial I am involved in, so I think there will be no associated cost.

I did not sleep well last night, but I have been fine all day. The superduper anti-nausea drugs stop after today, so I will see how tomorrow goes. I still have Pramin to take if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment