Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 3, Cycle 2

I had the pump removed this afternoon. It took less than 15 minutes after more than an hour's wait. They were very busy today. Taking a book along is imperative - my present volume is People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks. I am really enjoying it.

I have been well for the last 2 days as I was with the first cycle. The only side effect is severe tingling of the hands when I touch cold things (I have to use a oven pad to get things out of the fridge or I drop them!) and a tingling in the mouth with cold food or drink. This is apparently a common side effect of the Oxalyplatin, though it usually only lasts 24 hours. I just have to remember to take my drinks at room temperature or hotter.

Tomorrow is Day 4 which was horrible last cycle. However I have a different regimen with the anti-nausea drugs, so we will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment