Friday, June 18, 2010


The visit to the oncologist today was disappointing. The results of the CT scan I had on Wednesday hadn't reached him, so we had an extra half hour wait while he contacted a colleague at RPH who looked at the scan for him. The result? No change in the tumours. The disease is "stable". At least it hasn't progressed, but I was hoping for something a bit more positive. He has decided that I need to have another scan in six weeks time.

I had an infusion of Avastin and I am to resume Xeloda tomorrow at a slightly lower dosage, so we will see how I cope this time around. He gave me the go ahead to talk to an oral surgeon about my wisdom tooth. By the time I have my appointment I will be at approximately the same stage in the cycle as I was when the infection flared up last time. Could be interesting.

My CEA has jumped considerably - up to 2000, but the liver function markers are completely normal and white blood cells and platelets are fine, possibly because I have had almost two week's break from chemo. So while I didn't have the really good news I was hoping for, the overall situation is reasonably OK.

1 comment:

  1. I understand how you feel, but I also think it is good news as the cancer hasn't grown. I hope you are able to take the Xeloda without being ill (this drug is pure poison but if it can safe your life well you really don't have much choice) Am keeping you in my heart and prayers........:-) Hugs