Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What cancer looks like

A CT scan takes a large number of images in slices across whatever organ/s are being examined.


Here are some CT images of the diagnostic scan that showed my metastatic cancers. Each one of those dark spots on the organ to the left (the liver) is a tumour.

Today is day 8 of the third cycle. I have not had any vomiting or diarrhoea, but am still a bit nauseous and feel very tired. Almost everything tastes metallic, though I have bought a mouthwash (Biotene, recommended by a friend in New York who found it useful when she was having chemo) which helps a bit. Food generally does not taste good, but I am eating OK. There is a new side effect - my teeth ache. I went to have my PICC line dressed today and was told to let the oncologist know about this when I see him next week. I took some Panadol and it has helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment