Sunday, April 18, 2010

More hand problems

My hands are causing me some concern. The cold induced tingling has developed into actual pain, which fortunately does not last all that long. More of a problem is the lack of sensation. While I can feel things with my finger tips, they are not at all sensitive to heat. I have managed to burn my fingers quite badly while cooking. Plus I managed to stab myself with a quickunpic while sewing. I MUST be more careful.

I am otherwise reasonably well - it is the usual slide down in the first week after chemo and the steroids that are administered with the weedkillers. I have no appetite and can't taste anything but sweet things. Today is Day 5, so I should start feeling a bit better in a couple of days.

2 comments:

  1. Hi.. Here's a few things that has helped Ron with his Nueropathy. Use gloves. If you can, find some with grippers on it. Let someone else do the cooking, especially handle the knives.
    Lack of appetite- try eating small,healthy snacks all day, rather than 3 sit down meals. Sip on Smoothies and Ensure. The sweetness of them will appeal to you and give you the nutrients you need. I am sure others have more strategies to share with you. Your Oncology nurses are a fantastic resource. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Just wanted to let you know you are in my prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete