Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Day Out

We are having quite a busy weekend. Yesterday we drove to York which was the first inland town in Western Australia and has some lovely old buildings. There is a very English feeling to siome of them.

While we were there we went to a photographic exhibition and an Antique and Collector's Fair. I bought a couple of things at the Fair for very reasonable prices - including an set of eight old EPNS dessert spoons and forks for the huge sum of $28. Most of the exhibits in the photographic exhibition were quite ordinary, but there were some photos of textures (wall surfaces and leaves) that I liked and some Photoshopped images which I found quite interesting as I tried to work out what the artist had done. Nothing terribly technical, mostly colour inversion and some filters.

York is 98 km from Perth and I began to feel nauseous on the trip home. I had some Pramin with me, so I took one and lasted the trip without having to pull over to the side of the road. I felt rather unwell for the rest of the evening, but have had a good night's sleep and feel OK today, apart from BAD tingling in my fingers and in my lower legs.

We are going out to lunch at our daughter's today.

No comments:

Post a Comment