Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cycle 6 on St Patrick's Day

Half way through. I had the 6th chemo infusion today - here is a pic of the line being dressed, prior to the pump connection. It is a most unflattering photo of me.

The nurse is Irish and today is Paddy's Day. Note the temporary tattoo. At least she wasn't wearing a headband with nodding shamrocks, though one of the nurses was.

I am feeling pretty good, though the blood test news wasn't all that wonderful. The tumour marker increased from 1300 to 1700. The oncologist said that wasn't significant as it often fluctuates, but I can't help feeling disappointed. However, since I had a reduced dose last time, maybe that was a factor. The referral for the CT scan was made - now waiting for an appointment time. It will be done at Royal Perth (public hospital) since it is related to the clinical trial I am involved in.

No comments:

Post a Comment