Friday, July 9, 2010

Xeloda Cycle 3 starts tomorrow

My blood counts were fine and the liver function markers are normal, so I start Xeloda again tomorrow morning. However the CEA is up again slightly, so that is a bit of a worry. We had a look at the full report of the last CT scan. One large liver tumour has shrunk slightly, but the rest are unchanged. One of the "foci" in my lung has enlarged slightly, but it is still unclear whether I actually have tumours in the lungs.

I am to have another scan in a couple of weeks. The scans are supposed to be every 2 months, but the last one was 3 months after the previous one, so the oncologist has brought the next one forward.

I had an infusion of Avastin after my appointment. I don't usually have problems with this drug, but today I felt very cold about halfway through. I was glad I had brought a wrap. Then this evening I have had a nasty dizzy spell. Just as well I was seated at the computer or I might have fallen and ended up in emergency again!

Dara and Bernie have suggested my diarrhea may be due to dairy foods and that it might be a good idea to eliminate them from my diet. The only problem is that dairy and vegetables are the only foods I can tolerate from the taste aspect. Meat is disgusting. So I am not sure what to do.

1 comment:

  1. Do you think you can manage on fruit and vegetables for a while to see how you feel. You don't have to eat meat right now, perhaps if you try for a short time and see if it stops the diarrhea......just an idea sweetie. We don't know everything, only telling you what helped us, Good Luck and I am keeping you in my heart and prayers always.....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete