Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Into a holding pattern

Not such good news today.

My white blood count is low again, so the Xeloda is delayed for a week in hopes it will improve. I did get a low dose of Avastin though - with a full one supposed to happen next week. Also, the oncologist is going to the US for a conference at the end of the month, so my next CT scan won't be scheduled till he is back. I am disappointed - I want to find out what is happening to the tumours.

I am having problems with the Clexane injections - I have lumps at almost every injection site and some of them bleed for a while. One bled for nearly 24 hours while we were away. The actual injection (not the needle insertion) is sometimes quite painful. I told the oncologist, but he didn't seem to think it was a problem. Yet another reason for anticipating the CT scan - I hope it will show the pulmonary embolisms have dissolved or at least reduced.

1 comment:

  1. Avoid crowds, if your dr. hasn't allready told you thought. When you count is down, it is easy to get sick. Even though it is Spring, there are lots of bugs going around. If you get "cabin fever," try going for scenic car rides. That's what I did with my hubby when he was on isolation. Sorry to hear about the setbacks. Unfortunately, it happens. Hang in there!