Saturday, November 27, 2010

Cause of problem unknown

The oncologist rang at lunchtime today. They have been unable to culture any nasties from either my urine or the PICC line blood, so if I actually have an infection its origin is unknown. I am still extremely weak and I have nasty diarrhea, so the recommendation is continue the antibiotics and rest and drink lots. Not hard to do.

I am going to try and do some shopping this afternoon - it is Helen's birthday tomorrow and Kevin's on Monday. Kevin is going to drive me to the shopping centre so I'm not sure how I am going to manage his gift - maybe just take him to the shop and forget any element of surprise!

Martin seems to be a lot better. He is still having daily visits from a nurse to change his IV antibiotic, and he still has a catheter for urine, but he is in a good mood overall. I hope this lasts so the wedding is not overshadowed by a bad mood.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear of your woes. You should treat your infection as if it is contagious until you learn otherwise. Everyone around you should wash their hands frequently. There are a lot of antibiotic resistant infections out there. I hope yours is not one of them. Get well soon!!!

    ReplyDelete