Monday, February 7, 2011


More than 7 litres of fluid was drained from my abdomen from Friday to Sunday. When I got home I weighed myself, and the 4 kilos I had put on over the past week or so had disappeared along with the fluid.

The drain was removed yesterday and a waterproof patch put on, but the fluid was still coming out. Kevin has a blow by blow description:
"The abdominocentesis tube out of her abdomen was removed and a large waterproof’ dressing stuck over the hole in her stomach. By the time we had arrived home the fluid pressure has forced a leak in the dressing and urine-looking fluid was running like a Queensland flood. We rang the Oncologist and he suggested we go to our pharmacy and get lots of gauze pads and change the dressing regularly until the flow slowed down.

After several attempts at stemming the flow we resorted to large incontinence pads. When Joan was in bed the flow slowed and the pad almost held the spillage overnight. This morning we rang the Oncologist’s office and the nurse/receptionist told us to come in immediately. The fix was to clean up the area around the hole and attach a small bag which can be emptied easily. There is a spare bag for me to use if somehow we damage the one stuck on Joan’s belly."
We have emptied the bag once this afternoon and the flow seems to have slowed considerably.

Apart from the visit to the hospital for the bag, I have spent most of today flat on my back with my feet raised on a pillow. I am very tired and my feet and lower legs are still swollen. Apparently this has little to do with the abdominal fluid and the remedy is basically what I have been doing today.

I still have no appetite, but I think my hair is getting thicker. I don't notice any on the pillow any more, and my scalp doesn't shine so much.


  1. What a time you are having, I think you and Kev have a special relationship that will surpass even this horrible disease, a love that will live on forever. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers always....:-)Hugs

  2. Happy 2021, I just want to quickly share some real tips on how to beat even the last stage of Cancer or Tinnitus. I know 2020 wasn't a great year for many people, but it has indeed been a lovely one for me and my family simply because of these tips.
    My name is Anna,  I had Tinnitus (Meniere's Disease ) for 6 years, it was really hell for me and some years ago my husband was diagnosed with Lung & Bronchus Cancer and the doctor’s told me that there was nothing they could do to save my husband. Then a work colleague i have known for a long time told me about real natural herbs and oils, i told her that my husband Lung & Bronchus Cancer was in the last stage that i don’t think the natural medicines will be able to help, and she persuaded me to try. Because of the love I have for my husband, I decided to give it a try. She recommended ( ) to me and I visited their website where I learned more and got herbs medicines for myself and my husband. I was opportune to have a private talk with the herbs doctor in charge and told him my situation and that of my husband and he assured me that after 2 months my husband's Lung & Bronchus Cancer will be gone. All this was in August 2019, i followed the procedures and got some herbs medicines and oils, which indeed after a few weeks of applying it i realised i never experienced Meniere's Disease symptoms anymore and it's exactly one year now since the doctors confirmed that my husband is perfectly okay and no longer suffering from Cancer. If you know any one who is suffering from Meniere's Disease or Cancer, you can save his/her life by contacting Doctor Osojo via his email : ( DR.OSOJO@GMAIL.COM ). it worked exactly as the doctor prescribed.
    Lets keep fighting Cancer together, also visit the website: