Monday, May 24, 2010

Nearly time for the next treatment

Tomorrow I am to have the blood test that always precedes my visit to the oncologist and any subsequent chemotherapy. I hope it will be OK and that I will be able to resume treatment. I have had a month without any major chemo.

Last week my white blood cell count was too low for me to have the Xeloda I was supposed to start, though I did get a small dose of Avastin. I had had diarrhea pretty constantly for the previous three weeks. It has cleared up this week - I have had three full days with normal bowel movements. I hope this signals a general improvement, including the bone marrow.

Wednesday is the day I will find out. I also expect a booking for my next CT scan will be made. I can't wait to find out what is happening with those suckers in my liver and lungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment