Monday, October 25, 2010

I'm on holiday

from chemo for the next couple of weeks. I am booked in for the SIRT treatment on November 11 (the tests were fine, hooray!) and have to have a short infusion of 5- fluorouracil the day before and another the day after. This apparently helps the radiation to be more effective. Then I will have another break for a month before starting another different chemo drug: Irinotecan. Unfortunately that will be about a week before our daughter's wedding, so I will keep my fingers crossed I avoid the worst of the side effects: diarrhea, nausea and vomiting, loss of appetite and low blood cell counts.

During my present chemo holiday I have to have another CT scan. If I didn't already have cancer, I might be starting to get concerned about all the radiation from these!

I am still feeling really good. My appetite is much better and my weight has stabilised. We bought Subway rolls for our lunch today (only 6 inch ones - neither of us would be able to cope with a foot-log Sub at any time!) I had tuna and a pile of salad in mine and managed to eat more than three quarters of it. I am still unable to eat meat - even chicken is unappetising most of the time - but I seem to be able to cope with fish and seafood. Last night I made Egg Foo Yung with prawns and there was enough left over for us to finish them off tonight.


2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you Joan......I know you are enjoying this break in treatment. Will pray that you will stay well and able to enjoy your daughters wedding....oh this is good news...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liver cancer but whatever is causing this cancer semiincurable since there is only chance for cure in its early stages and as at this stage is asymptomatic undiagnosed. If you can treat your symptoms in many ways as with pills like Vicodin that can be purchased at pharmacies or online but be careful of side effects.

    ReplyDelete