Friday, February 12, 2010

Keeping up with the groups

I went to Contemporary Quilt Group today. I enjoyed the discussion and the Show and Tell and the social interaction. However I faded fast and left early.

I am having problems with my fingers. This morning the finger tips were swollen and a deep reddish brown. Eventually they turned a more normal colour and the swelling went down, but they are still redder than the rest of my hands. The nerve endings are very sensitive too.

The sensitivity is also in my mouth. I made a curry for dinner tonight, but was unable to eat much because of the pain caused by the spices. Guess I'll start losing weight again if I can't eat - I have been stable for a week. Losing weight is not a problem - I still have plenty in reserve.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Joan,

    I got an e-mail from Margery G. telling me about your big cancer fight. I am so very sorry to hear that you are having to deal with this, but I'm also impressed with your spirit. I would hope to deal as bravely with it as you are.

    I saw your entry to the 2005 show and loved it. The colors are so subtle and it looked like you are still experimenting with sheers. I remember how much I liked the piece you were working on when I was there, printing the family photo on the sheer.

    Have you ever made the scarves we bought all that yarn for? I use that yarn all the time to embellish my work. And I think of your kindness in introducing me to the group and taking me places. I had to smile over your trip, even though you must have been exhausted, to The Thread Studio. We know what's important, don't we?

    My husband and I live in Henderson, Nevada, just south of Las Vegas, but much more normal, where I have joined a great group called Art Quilts, etc. Keeps me inspired and challenged.

    My thoughts and prayers are with you, Joan. Keep up the fight!

    Marka Harwell-Bentley

    ReplyDelete